Sunset Beach ou l'univers de Ben et Meg
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Le forum de Ben, Meg et Derek Evans.

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Vous voulez voir les nouveautés sur le forum? Alors rendez-vous dans la section quoi de neuf qui vous détaillera les mises à jour...

Clive & Susan

+7
Nexus
megan
jessy33
lisa34
audrey
fodecinema
crazyben
11 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuteurMessage
susan/meg/doroty
Serveur
susan/meg/doroty

Clive & Susan  - Page 5 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Clive & Susan    Clive & Susan  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Mai - 9:58

Ebay
Clive & Susan  - Page 5 S-l16031
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
CrazyD
Admin
CrazyD

MessageSujet: Re: Clive & Susan    Clive & Susan  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeVen 26 Mai - 19:59

Ca, c'était pendant une soirée des Emmy Awards... 1998, il me semble...
Merci pour la photo!
https://universdebenmeg.forumactif.com
susan/meg/doroty
Serveur
susan/meg/doroty

MessageSujet: Re: Clive & Susan    Clive & Susan  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeVen 26 Mai - 22:38

Yes
susan/meg/doroty
Serveur
susan/meg/doroty

MessageSujet: Re: Clive & Susan    Clive & Susan  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMar 31 Oct - 19:20

Derekhausted
Reminiscing at the end of 1998, Robertson said: "The things that I remember most from the year were the scenes when I was Derek, actually. I had these enormous monologues where I was spouting at Ben when he was sitting in the barber's chair. I quite enjoyed that. I also enjoyed the scenes where Derek didn't quite know what was going on, but was pretending to and not doing a very good job of it." Several days later, in a live chat with fans he admitted: "When I look back at that six month period, I am now do it with rose colored glasses and say I loved it. At the time it was a nightmare."
Even though Clive "had a bit of trepidation about playing two front-burner characters at the same time" when he first found out about Derek's existence, still he was very enthusiastic about playing Derek: "It's fun to play two completely different characters, and there are some interesting things coming up between the brothers that I am excited about doing. It's much harder than I expected," he admitted. "But it's wonderful."
Soon afterwards, though, Robertson realized that his initial concerns about playing two characters at the same time weren't so far off: "It took a lot out of me. To be honest, I had no idea what I was getting into!"
In an honest interview, given while still doing the double duty on Sunset Beach, Clive explained what he meant: "I feel completely brainwashed. It's been difficult, because they've been scheduling me last every day. I've had so many scenes that I come in at 1, often don't get on (set) until 5 and go until we finish. We shoot late, and it's difficult to concentrate at that time. If we finish at 10 or 11 (p.m.), then I have to go home to learn all my lines and I don't get to bed until 2 a.m. I've been getting up at 10 and trying to remember the lines I learned the night before. It's been a vicious circle and I haven't really had a life."

No wonder, that when Maria, Ben's not so dead wife, who'd been presumably linked with Derek, returned to town in summer of 1998, Robertson openly expressed hope that Derek will not follow in her footsteps. "After doing double duty for six months, I went slightly insane," he said. "It was all beginning to blur. I'd learn pages and pages of dialogue, but then I'd go off on these ad-libbed monologues!"
Thus, even though playing evil twin Derek offered a different slant to the honorable Ben, Robertson had no desire to recreate that role. "It was good fun, but at the time, it really wasn't," he confided. "They were both front-burner, and I just don't think I could handle it."
And yet, Robertson did play Derek again, much to everyone's, especially fans' surprise. Robertson's declarations of not even considering playing Derek again, were openly expressed and widely known. All to the disappointment of fans, among whom Derek was fiercely loved and remembered. At the Sunset Beach fan club gathering, held in February 1999, however, Robertson hinted at the possible way out of the problem, by saying that he may consent to playing Derek again, but not two characters at the same time. The TPTB at Sunset Beach must have been listening closely...
In an interview given in late summer 1999, Clive hinted: "I see a change coming that excites me." Everyone hoped against hope that the change would be Derek coming to town, but given Robertson's open resistance against doing it, no one really believed it possible. And yet, Derek did come back, but this time, he reigned the screen alone, Ben being kept somewhere "in storage". For over two months Robertson portrayed Derek and Derek only, TPTB honoring his wishes and making those of the fans come true as well.
Robertson himself commented: "It's called reverse psychology if you will. I tell them I don't want to play Derek, they have me play him anyway just as I wanted to start with". "Fans like him," Robertson laughed, "which I find quite strange."
For both his stints as Derek Evans and ability to make the brothers distinct, Robertson was named twice Performer of the Week by Soap Opera Digest, and once Star of the Week by Soap Opera Magazine. Derek aired for the last time in the second week of December 1999. The character, much to the fans' distress, was killed of.
https://web.archive.org/web/20031020220051/http://www.susan-ward.net:80/clive/clivesderek.html
It turns out Clive was against the resurrection of Derek
susan/meg/doroty
Serveur
susan/meg/doroty

MessageSujet: Re: Clive & Susan    Clive & Susan  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMar 31 Oct - 19:26

Regarding Ben
Robertson's understanding of Ben and attachment to the character was ever evolving. In 1997, tortured by memories of Maria, Ben locked himself in his bedroom with her burning bed. "Legally, I wasn't allowed to get too close to the bed, so they had 'stunt' Ben standing there," Robertson recalled, clarifying that he did not believe his character was attempting suicide.
Several months later, came the time when Robertson for the first time felt uneasy about his character -- when the script called for Ben calling Meg Maria under the influence of the post-hypnotic suggestion. "I have to admit, that's when I thought the whole thing was falling," he confided. "When I read it, I thought, 'Oh, my God, I've worked so hard to make this character real.' But they played it very straight and I was surprised how pleased I was with the end result."

Robertson's satisfaction with the character, didn't last long, though. Soon, Derek came into town. "The way they've been writing Ben since he's been locked up has been annoying me. I'm really bored with him. Ben has never allowed anyone to get the better of him, and he's not been allowed to express himself in the way that he would. They've been writing all these great, great lines for Derek, but nothing for Ben," complained the actor. "I'm really chained and gagged, and it's very annoying! In every one of Ben's scenes, I'm struggling for something or doing a voice-over while fighting my chains. It's difficult making that fresh every time."
When asked whom he prefered playing, Robertson offered, "I like doing both. The only thing I find slightly annoying is that whenever Derek's around, they try to make Ben a sort of whiter-than-white angel, which he's not."
"I'm looking forward to getting Ben back to himself," Robertson offered finally. Unfortunately, even though Derek soon left the town, the actor didn't get his Ben back. In late spring of 1999, Robertson left the show for two weeks. The trip couldn't be coming at a better time for him, as he admitted that he needed a respite from his character, who he confessed had become a little boring. "You never get to see what Ben is thinking," sighed Robertson. "Furthermore, I never thought I was a weak character, but having Ben just chase Meg and Maria around the room saying "I'm sorry" is pretty dull."
Robertson's growing dissatisfaction with Ben led to rumors that he would not re-sign with the show, when his three-year-long contract was up. While in contract negotiations with Sunset Beach, Robertson admitted that he was keen to spread his wings. Very vocal with his dissatisfaction, the actor even considered the ways to kill Ben off: "I think my character Ben has got to die if I leave," he said. "We were discussing it at dinner recently, figuring out what was the most heroic way to go - mauled by lions, swimming with sharks or a grizzly bear attack! It's a tough choice!"
Despite the dissatisfaction and the rumors of show's upcoming cancellation, Robertson signed for another year. Several weeks later, NBC announced the cancellation of Sunset Beach. Robertson's last scenes as Ben were filmed on November 19, 1999. He aired as Ben for the last time on December 31, 1999.

Shocked I did not know that Ben wanted to kill so that it was with Meg
susan/meg/doroty
Serveur
susan/meg/doroty

MessageSujet: Re: Clive & Susan    Clive & Susan  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSam 26 Déc - 5:35

Maybe someone has a video
Clive & Susan  - Page 5 7bnxdu10
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Clive & Susan    Clive & Susan  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Clive & Susan
Page 5 sur 5Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5